As Apple is one of the richest companies in the world, Tim Cook is expected to be frequently on the list of highest-paid CEOs. In 2019, it was no different: Bloomberg released its survey of America’s highest-paid bosses over the past year – and Cook won second place.
The ranking, which takes into account all executive compensation (salary, bonuses, stock plan, dividends and others), placed Elon Musk as the highest paid CEO – and with a formidable slack in relation to the following names: the president of Tesla received no less than $ 595 million over 2019.
It is worth noting that this amount is almost entirely made up of stock options granted to Musk: his salary itself is (relatively) meager $ 56,000 annually, following California’s minimum wage law.
Runner-up Tim Cook received nearly $ 134 million over the past year – $ 122 million of which for stock awards received by the CEO in 2019. Cook’s salary is $ 3 million a year, and he also received good bonus amounts.
The Top 10 on the list looked like this, with approximate values:
- Elon Musk (Tesla) = $ 595 million
- Tim Cook (Apple) = $ 134 million
- Tom Rutledge (Charter Communications) = $ 117 million
- Joseph Ianniello (former CEO of ViacomCBS) = $ 116.4 million
- Sumit Singh (Chewy) = $ 108 million
- Jonathan Gray (Blackstone COO) = $ 107 million
- Robert Swan (Intel) = $ 99 million
- Sundar Pichai (Alphabet) = $ 86 million
- Satya Nadella (Microsoft) = $ 77 million
- Douglas Ingram (Sarepta Therapeutics) = $ 70 million
There is money, huh! 🤑